Wednesday, August 11, 2010

STOLEN!!!!

OMG!

So today I went out to go kayaking with some friends. We got all the way down into Austin, parked and were getting all ready. When I locked my keys in my car. I *had* my cell phone with me, so called my mom and asked if she could bring a key out when she got off work. Its like a 30min driving distance.

This isn't the worst part.
So we all go kayaking and thats at about 12:10...
1 of my friends took her wallet with us.. why? I have no idea. but needless to say there was a spider involved, a lot of splashing and a tipped kayak. and end result  a soaked wallet.
we come back an hour later. And discover that my friends' car had been broken into.
3 cell phones, 1 set of car keys, 1 camera, 1 wallet including a military id/social + 2 credit cards.
GONE!!!
We look around you can see signs that say "This parking lot is under surveillance. Please lock your belongings in your car* After acutally gazing around the parking lot... Id  like to find these so called hidden cameras. The staff said that oh if the cops come it will be up to the supervisor to deal with the cameras.  
!!! I CALL BULLSHIT!!! There were no cameras in that parking lot so far as I could see.

we only had one phone left that had been put in the trunk. Thank god. We got a police report and such, the police came out.. took names and such.  *I really don't think they will be able to do anything. Canceling phone services, credit cards. Called my friends bank. come to find out the thieves already had started spending money. At an HEB Grocery store of all places.

I called my mom and got my extra car key, during this whole ordeal.. I was like... awwww I'm never been so happy to be locked out of my car with all my belongings inside it.

Needless to say this was not a happy trip. Next time I am bring a little mini boat to pull behind my kayak  *can hold it in your hands* and just bring my stuff with me. Ill laminate what I have to lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment